Rollover Accident Kills Nebraska Man
According to a report on Omaha.com, a 29 year old Norfolk man died when he lost control of his truck. The accident happened late last month on Nebraska Highway 32 in northeast Nebraska. The truck veered off the roadway into a ditch and rolled over several times. The driver, who was not wearing a seat belt, was thrown from the vehicle and pronounced dead at the scene.
Such reports remind us that Nebraska’s roads remain dangerous places. In spite of advances in vehicle safety, death and serious injury are still a possibility for vehicle occupants. This story also reminds us how important it is that drivers and passengers wear their seat belts.
But, many other factors could have contributed to this fatality. Poor roadway design and faulty products can also contribute to an accident’s cause. If there was a design or manufacturing flaw in the tires, or the seat belt malfunctioned, other parties may be held negligent.
If you’ve lost a loved one in a motor vehicle accident, you should consult an experienced wrongful death attorney. As a surviving family member of the deceased, you may be entitled to compensation for such damages as:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical bills
- Pain and suffering of the deceased before they died
- Property damage
- Loss of future income
- Loss of future benefits (such as retirement or medical benefits)
- Loss of household duties the deceased performed (such as childcare, chores, etc.)
- Loss of love, affection, companionship, guidance, etc.
While no amount of compensation can make up for the loss of a loved one, it can ease your suffering, and help you heal and move on with your life.
Cullan & Cullan LLC has represented wrongful death clients for many years. We practice in Nebraska, Arizona, and California.
Call our offices at (402) 397-7600 for a free case evaluation.
- Birth Injury
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Bus Accident
- Catastrophic Injury
- Child Injury
- Distracted Driving Accident
- Dog Bite
- Firm News
- Hospital Malpractice
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Nursing Home Injuries
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Semi-Truck Accidents
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Train Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Patrick Cullan and Joseph Cullan Named to Irish Legal 100
October 26, 2017
- Omaha Truck v. Train Collision Sends Pork Flying
October 15, 2017
- What a Nebraska Accident Can Teach Us About Liability
October 1, 2017
- Causes of Omaha Bus Accidents
June 21, 2016