Nebraska Car Accident Attorneys
The Lawyer You Choose Can Make a Significant Difference in Your Compensation
Modern American society is built around the automobile. Most Americans spend a significant amount of their day and lives in a car. According to a study by Harvard Health Watch, the average American spends 101 minutes driving per day. It is estimated that the average American drives 798,000 miles during their lifetime. That's like driving to the Moon three times. While most of us can't imagine daily life without access to a motor vehicle, they can be dangerous machines.
The more time you spend in a car, the greater your chances for being in an accident. If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, it's important to consult an experienced car accident lawyer in Nebraska.
The Omaha law offices of Cullan & Cullan LLC have successfully represented car accident clients in Nebraska, Arizona, and Colorado for over a decade.
To find out more about your rights and options, call our office at (402) 397-7600 for a free consultation.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Many elements go into causing a car accident. Here are some of the more common causes:
- Distracted driving: Distractions can be anything from talking to a passenger, adjusting the radio, or looking at a cell phone. Distracted driving is a growing hazard due to our increased use of hand held devices.
- Impaired driving: Whether under the influence of alcohol or prescription or over the counter medications, impaired driving can affect a driver's perception and reaction reflexes, leading to poor decisions.
- Drowsy driving: While some might categorize this as a form of distracted driving, sleepiness slows your reaction time and dulls your reflexes. Falling asleep at the wheel can be fatal to yourself, your passengers, the riders of other vehicles, and pedestrians.
- Inexperienced driving: Teenage drivers and recently licensed drivers continually have the highest rate of accidents.
- Road conditions: Weather is often a major factor in car accidents. Fog, snow, ice, and rain can diminish a driver's vision and cause roads to become slippery. Poorly maintained roads with potholes or debris can also contribute to accidents.
- Speeding: Driving too fast for conditions or too fast for a driver's skill level increases the chance of accidents.
- Poor vehicle maintenance: Having bald or improperly inflated tires, headlights or turning signals burned out, or inefficient windshield wipers can all increase the chance of an accident.
- Design or manufacturing defect: Poor design, inadequate testing, and flawed manufacturing cause the recall of thousands of vehicles each year.
Car Accident Statistics
Car accidents can range from minor fender benders to fatal accidents. Statistics from U.S. Department of Transportation's National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) show that in 2013, 2.3 million Americans were injured in traffic accidents and 32,719 were killed.
Call for a Free, Confidential Consultation
If you or a loved one has been involved in a car accident, you need to consult an Omaha personal injury attorney.
Cullan & Cullan LLC can help. We are on your side.
Make an appointment for a free consultation by calling our Omaha offices at (402) 397-7600.
Nebraska Motor Vehicle Accident Case Results
$850,000 - Auto Accident - Compensation in a case where a negligent driver injured a husband and wife.
$125,000.00 Jury Verdict - Automobile Accident - Back Injury: Settlement in automobile accident with back injury. Offer of $15,000.00 prior to trial.
$85,000.00 Settlement - Automobile Accident - Back Injury: Settlement in automobile accident with back injury.
- Motor Vehicle Accident Blogs
- Beware The Blind Spot
- Avoiding Catastrophic Car Accident Injuries in Work Zones
Call Today for a Free Consultation
We are here to help you obtain compensation from those responsible so that you can focus on healing, rehabilitation, and getting your feet back on the ground. For more information about how the lawyers at Cullan & Cullan LLC can assist in protecting your rights, please call (402) 397-7600 today for a free case evaluation.
“We had to have lawyers that understood the medical mechanics behind the injury.”
“Their history and their education, both doctors & lawyers, there’s not many of those around.”
“They showed us the problems. They knew what was going on, and we knew they could help us.”
“I couldn’t have gotten here without friends, family, and those Cullan brothers.”
- Causes of Omaha Bus Accidents
June 21, 2016
- Some Signs of Nursing Home Emotional Abuse in Nebraska
June 15, 2016
- Injuries Related to Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
June 7, 2016