Nebraska Semi Truck Accident Lawyers
Get Help After a Large Truck Collision in Omaha
Semi-truck accidents claim thousands of lives each year. Usually preventable, these crashes occur as a result of fatigue, poorly trained drivers, negligent driving, and/or truck defects. Semi-truck accidents have serious consequences, usually resulting in catastrophic injuries or death to innocent drivers. Because of the large size and heavy weight of the truck, pedestrians or occupants of smaller vehicles are at great risk of being injured in an accident.
The Nebraska semi truck accident attorneys at Cullan & Cullan LLC have years of experience successfully representing the victims of tractor trailer accidents. Our attorneys have the knowledge and skills to not only determine the exact causes of an accident, but win full and just compensation from those responsible.
Semi-truck accidents have serious consequences usually resulting in catastrophic injuries or death to innocent drivers.
Types of Devastating Semi-Truck Crashes
Trucks can be involved in a variety of crashes, including every kind of accident that a smaller passenger vehicle can cause. However, due to their size and features, trucks can also cause unique accidents, which can be particularly devastating. These crashes include:
- Jackknifing: This occurs when a truck loses control of the trailer, which then swings around until it is facing the opposite direction of the cab and is pressed up against the side, much like a switchblade being folded. The swinging trailer can smash into anything and anyone in its way, and even crush vehicles between itself and the side of the cab.
- Hazardous Spills: Many trucks carry hazardous liquids in large sealed containers meant to keep them from being exposed to bystanders. However, during an accident, these containers can burst open and spill the materials across the road and surrounding area. Spilled gasoline may catch on fire and chemicals can expose bystanders to toxic fumes.
- Runaway Trailers: When a truck's trailer becomes detached from the cab, it can hurtle down a roadway at high speeds if it occurs while on an incline or while moving. These trailers have no way to be stopped until they crash.
- Underride Accident: This occurs when a smaller vehicle drives under the elevated bottom of the trailer. This can sheer off the top of the vehicle and cause catastrophic damage to the car's occupants.
Possible Responsible Parties for Nebraska Semi-Truck Accidents
Semi-trucks are complicated pieces of machinery that require both skilled operation and quality maintenance. As such, many problems can occur, with many different parties potentially responsible, including:
- Truck Driver: Truckers are responsible for properly operating their vehicle and following safety codes issued by the U.S. Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). When they do not, it may cause negligent and/or fatigued driving that leads to catastrophic accidents.
- Trucking Company: Motor carriers are in charge of both maintaining their vehicles and keeping truckers responsible. If they fail to keep a vehicle in good shape or encourage employees to work longer than what is permitted by law, they may be held liable for the accidents that result.
- Manufacturers: If the design or creation of a truck is faulty, then it is highly likely that something will go wrong with the vehicle, easily leading to a serious crash.
Injuries from Truck Accidents
Due to the devastating effects of a truck accident, those involved are at a high likelihood of being injured. Some serious and possibly fatal injuries caused by truck accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injury;
- Broken or fractured bones;
- Spinal cord damage;
- Organ damage; and
- Blood loss.
Quality Legal Representation from Nebraska Semi Truck Accident Attorneys
The Omaha accident attorneys at Cullan & Cullan LLC have extensive experience and a long track record of favorable verdicts and settlements. They have the resources it takes to handle complex multi-party cases, including access to expert witnesses and investigators who can assist in gathering evidence and reconstructing semi-truck accidents.
Contact our law team today if you have suffered a catastrophic injury or the death of a loved one as a result of a semi-truck accident. We have the experience to properly investigate and prosecute your claim.
Recent Motor Vehicle Accident Case Results
$19.6 Million - Truck Accident - Trucking Company found liable for 2012 crash - LARGEST VERDICT for trucking collision in Nebraska history.
$3.3 Million - Truck Accident - Compensation for child injured by semi-tractor trailer.
Call Today for a Free Consultation
We are here to help you obtain compensation from those responsible so that you can focus on healing, rehabilitation, and getting your feet back on the ground. For more information about how the lawyers at Cullan & Cullan LLC can assist in protecting your rights, please call (402) 397-7600 today for a free case evaluation.
“We had to have lawyers that understood the medical mechanics behind the injury.”
“Their history and their education, both doctors & lawyers, there’s not many of those around.”
“They showed us the problems. They knew what was going on, and we knew they could help us.”
“I couldn’t have gotten here without friends, family, and those Cullan brothers.”
- Patrick Cullan and Joseph Cullan Named to Irish Legal 100
October 25, 2017
- Omaha Truck v. Train Collision Sends Pork Flying
October 15, 2017
- What a Nebraska Accident Can Teach Us About Liability
October 1, 2017