Nebraska Blind Spot Truck Accident Lawyers
Collision in a Blind Spot
There are few things as scary as driving near a big rig that starts to drift into your lane. Large tractor-trailers are capable of crushing passenger vehicles due to their tremendous size and weight. When a truck driver fails to double check his or her mirrors before changing lanes or turning at an intersection, it is a form of negligence that can result in tragedy.
Truck accidents cause severe injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord damage, fractures and internal organ damage. These injuries often result in significant medical expenses, rehabilitation costs, lost income, permanent injuries and lifelong disabilities. The Omaha blind spot truck accident lawyers at Cullan & Cullan LLC help injured victims and their families seek and obtain the financial support they need.
The Danger of Tractor-Trailer Blind Spots
One of the many reasons why tractor-trailers are extremely dangerous is because they have large blind spots where smaller vehicles can be hidden from the driver’s view. No matter the type of tractor and the number of side mirrors on the cab, there could be large blind spots to the rear and side of the trailer. There are also blind spots immediately in front of the cab and behind the trailer.
When a truck strikes a smaller vehicle investigators have to determine if the truck driver failed to check side mirrors or use a turn signal. Many accidents involve drivers who simply failed to notice that a smaller car was nearby. Blind spot truck accidents can also occur when a truck driver is driving under the influence, or while fatigued or distracted.
Steps to Take after a Tractor-Trailer Crash
Injuries from a blind spot trucking accident are often catastrophic. If your vehicle is crushed by a tractor-trailer, you could suffer a traumatic brain injury, bone fractures, severe neck and back injuries, spinal cord injuries, disfigurement, permanent scaring, nerve damage, internal injuries and even death.
If you have survived a blind spot trucking accident, it will be in your best interest to:
- Call the police immediately and wait for emergency services to arrive.
- Remain still and wait for medical professionals unless you are convinced you can gather evidence without causing additional harm.
- Write down the license plate number of the truck and gather the insurance information of the truck driver and trucking company.
- Gather contact information from anyone who may have witnessed the accident.
- Take notes of whether there are nearby traffic cameras that may have recorded the crash.
- Take photos of the damaged vehicles, the positioning of the cars, any skid marks on the roadway and your injuries.
- Seek out medical attention promptly to document your injuries.
- Avoid admitting fault for the crash.
- Have an Omaha truck accident attorney preserve the evidence and speak with the trucking company on your behalf.
Truck accidents are nothing like car accidents. You may have to deal with the owner of the truck, the truck driver, the distribution company and a number of different insurance companies.
Blind Spot Truck Accident Attorneys in Omaha
It would be in your best interest to contact an experienced Omaha truck accident attorney who will handle what can be a complicated legal process on your behalf and help you secure fair and full compensation for your injuries, damages and losses. Contact the attorneys at Cullan & Cullan LLC at (402) 397-7600 to schedule a no-cost consultation and case evaluation.
Call Today for a Free Consultation
We are here to help you obtain compensation from those responsible so that you can focus on healing, rehabilitation, and getting your feet back on the ground. For more information about how the lawyers at Cullan & Cullan LLC can assist in protecting your rights, please call (402) 397-7600 today for a free case evaluation.
“We had to have lawyers that understood the medical mechanics behind the injury.”
“Their history and their education, both doctors & lawyers, there’s not many of those around.”
“They showed us the problems. They knew what was going on, and we knew they could help us.”
“I couldn’t have gotten here without friends, family, and those Cullan brothers.”
- Patrick Cullan and Joseph Cullan Named to Irish Legal 100
October 25, 2017
- Omaha Truck v. Train Collision Sends Pork Flying
October 15, 2017
- What a Nebraska Accident Can Teach Us About Liability
October 1, 2017