Omaha Jackknife Accident Lawyers
Hurt in a Jackknife Collision? Cullan & Cullan LLC Can Help!
If you or a loved one has been involved in a jackknife accident with a semi-truck, it is likely that you have suffered significant losses and need a substantial amount of money to afford the best quality medical care and treatment for recovery.
At Cullan & Cullan LLC, our exceptional legal team understands the overwhelming physical, emotional and financial challenges that truck accident victims must endure. As trial attorneys and physicians, we have the knowledge and resources to help you get the full and fair settlement you deserve from the negligent party that caused your crash, whether it be the truck driver, the trucking company, or the vehicle manufacturer. Please contact our Omaha jackknife accident attorneys for an in-depth consultation about your legal rights and options at (402) 397-7600.
What is a Jackknife Accident?
In a jackknife accident, the trailer swings and folds against the tractor, potentially crushing other vehicles between the trailer and tractor. The motion resembles folding a pocket knife or jackknife shut. In many cases, this type of accident can happen as a result of brake failure, defective tires, improper braking, wet road conditions, or a collision.
Who May Be Liable for a Jackknife Accident?
Tractor trailers are capable of causing catastrophic damage and injuries; therefore it is crucial to identify how the accident happened in the first place, especially if you wish to protect your legal right to compensation. Jackknife semi-truck accidents are often caused by the following:
- Negligent Truck Driver: It takes a great deal of training and practice to safely operate such a massive vehicle and if the trucker drives while fatigued, distracted, or under the influence, it is all too easy for a crash to occur.
- Violating Traffic Laws: It is not uncommon for truck drivers to violate posted speed limits in an effort to complete deliveries on time or ahead of schedule.
- Mechanical Defect: A poorly designed truck, a manufacturer error, or other mechanical defects can contribute to a truck accident.
- Improper Maintenance: Truck drivers and trucking companies are responsible for ensuring that trucks are well-maintained and safe to drive.
Our Nebraska Jackknife Accident Attorneys Hold Negligent Truckers Accountable
The Nebraska big rig accident attorneys at Cullan & Cullan LLC have seen the devastation that truck accidents can cause and that is why we are dedicated to representing the injured victims and surviving family members of such incidents. Not only are we well-versed in trucking laws, but we have handled enough multi-party truck crash cases to deal with a jackknife case efficiently. Let us help you recover the money you need for medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages inflicted by a negligent individual or entity. Please do not wait to contact us for a free and thorough consultation with our team. We have the legal and medical knowledge to help you reach the best possible outcome for your case.
Call Today for a Free Consultation
We are here to help you obtain compensation from those responsible so that you can focus on healing, rehabilitation, and getting your feet back on the ground. For more information about how the lawyers at Cullan & Cullan LLC can assist in protecting your rights, please call (402) 397-7600 today for a free case evaluation.
“We had to have lawyers that understood the medical mechanics behind the injury.”
“Their history and their education, both doctors & lawyers, there’s not many of those around.”
“They showed us the problems. They knew what was going on, and we knew they could help us.”
“I couldn’t have gotten here without friends, family, and those Cullan brothers.”
- Patrick Cullan and Joseph Cullan Named to Irish Legal 100
October 25, 2017
- Omaha Truck v. Train Collision Sends Pork Flying
October 15, 2017
- What a Nebraska Accident Can Teach Us About Liability
October 1, 2017