Nebraska Wrongful Death Lawyers
Fatal Accident Claim
The untimely death of a loved one is one of the most tragic situations a family can face. This tragedy is magnified when the death occurs as the result of negligent or malicious behavior by another party. Under Nebraska law, the family has the right to file a wrongful death claim against the party whose recklessness contributed to their loved one’s death.The Omaha personal injury attorneys at Cullan & Cullan LLC understand that, although nothing can truly make up for the loss of a loved one, financial compensation can enable a family to heal and move on without having to worry about their future. If you’ve experienced the untimely death of a family member and feel that your loss was the result of negligence, please call our offices to discuss filing a wrongful death claim. There’s no cost for a case evaluation with our legal team, and we will be happy to inform you of your legal rights and options. Call (402) 397-7600 today.
Common Causes of Wrongful Death
Unfortunately, many death we see are preventable. The following are the seven leading causes of death caused by negligence:
- Automobile and motorcycle accidents: Distracted driving, impaired driving, fatigued driving, speeding, over-aggressive driving, etc., are all negligent behaviors that lead to thousands of fatal accidents every year in the United States.
- Tractor-trailer accidents: Being involved in an Omaha truck accident on the I-80 or other highway or road can have serious consequences. Passenger cars are no match for such monstrous vehicles, which is why the occupants of smaller cars often suffer fatal consequences if they fall victim to trucking negligence. Large trucks are regulated by strict rules because they pose a threat to other motorists. This is why the state of Nebraska has 17 weigh stations and truck scales, but that doesn’t stop some truckers.
- Bicycle accidents: Bicyclists are particularly vulnerable because many motor vehicle drivers fail to see them. Even when they do, they don’t afford cyclists the right-of-way that they deserve.
- Medical malpractice: Misdiagnosis, failure to diagnose, delayed diagnosis, and medication errors are all common causes of medical malpractice deaths.
- Defective products: Faulty design and manufacturing, as well as failure to thoroughly test products, cause preventable deaths.
- Work-related accidents: Americans spend a significant part of their lives at their jobs. That, combined with unsafe workplace conditions, creates many work-related fatalities.
- Criminal acts: The criminal justice system is designed to punish criminals, but not to compensate the families of victims. Civil lawsuits are a way for a victim’s family to receive compensation for the financial and emotional losses of a loved one.
What Kind of Compensation Can a Family Obtain in a Nebraska Wrongful Death Lawsuit?While no amount of financial compensation can replace a family member, a monetary award for wrongful death can help surviving family members heal and move on with their lives. Compensation in a wrongful death lawsuit can include the following:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Pain and suffering of the deceased before death
- Medical bills
- Loss of future income
- Loss of future benefits, such as medical benefits and retirement
- Loss of household duties the deceased performed, such as childcare or vehicle and property maintenance
- Loss of love, companionship, guidance, affection, marital consortium, etc.
Dedicated Wrongful Death Legal Representation
If you feel that a loved one has suffered and died as a result of someone else's careless or negligent actions, contact the Nebraska wrongful death attorneys at Cullan & Cullan LLC for a free case evaluation. Dial (402) 397-7600 today, and get you compensation you and your family deserve.
Largest Verdict in Nebraska History for Wrongful Death
$4,000,000.00 Verdict - Wrongful Death - Failure to Diagnose: Jury returns record verdict after a physician fails to remove precancerous polyps. The defendants offered no money to settle case prior to trial.
Call Today for a Free Consultation
We are here to help you obtain compensation from those responsible so that you can focus on healing, rehabilitation, and getting your feet back on the ground. For more information about how the lawyers at Cullan & Cullan LLC can assist in protecting your rights, please call (402) 397-7600 today for a free case evaluation.
“We had to have lawyers that understood the medical mechanics behind the injury.”
“Their history and their education, both doctors & lawyers, there’s not many of those around.”
“They showed us the problems. They knew what was going on, and we knew they could help us.”
“I couldn’t have gotten here without friends, family, and those Cullan brothers.”
- Patrick Cullan and Joseph Cullan Named to Irish Legal 100
October 25, 2017
- Omaha Truck v. Train Collision Sends Pork Flying
October 15, 2017
- What a Nebraska Accident Can Teach Us About Liability
October 1, 2017