Papillion Personal Injury Lawyers
Cullan & Cullan LLC
Injuries can result from a wide variety of accidents and incidents. If you have been injured by someone else's negligence in Papillion, NE, you may be eligible to file a personal injury claim.
At Cullan & Cullan LLC, our Papillion personal injury lawyers are committed to helping you recover the compensation you deserve after a serious accident or injury. Our legal team has the experience and resources necessary to aggressively fight for your rights and interests in the courtroom and out of it. We know how to effectively handle complex personal injury cases and have recovered millions in compensation for our clients.
If you or a loved one was injured due to someone else's negligence, don't wait to seek legal help. Call (402) 882-7080 or submit an online request form today to schedule a free consultation.
What is Considered a Personal Injury?
A personal injury refers to any physical or psychological harm suffered by an individual as a result of another person's negligence, intentional actions, or strict liability. These injuries can occur in various settings, such as at home, on the road, in public places, or at work. When someone experiences a personal injury, they may be entitled to seek compensation for their losses, including medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Examples of personal injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Burn injuries
- Cuts and lacerations
- Head trauma
- Internal injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Wrongful death
Nebraska Personal Injury Laws
Nebraska personal injury laws cover a wide range of incidents in which individuals suffer harm or injury due to the negligence or intentional actions of others. Generally, the statute of limitations for most personal injury cases is four years from the date of the incident.
To succeed in a personal injury claim, you typically need to establish that the defendant (the party you are suing) owed you a duty of care, breached that duty, and as a result, caused your injuries. Proving negligence is a critical aspect of personal injury cases.
Nebraska follows a comparative fault system, specifically a modified comparative fault system. This means that if you are found to be partially responsible for the accident that caused your injuries, your compensation may be reduced proportionally to your percentage of fault. If you are found to be more than 50% at fault, you may not be eligible to recover damages.
Common Causes of Personal Injury Lawsuits
Common causes of personal injuries include:
- Motor vehicle accidents: Car, truck, motorcycle, and bicycle accidents are a leading cause of personal injuries. These accidents can result from driver negligence, distracted driving, speeding, driving under the influence, or faulty road conditions.
- Medical malpractice: Personal injuries can occur due to errors made by medical professionals, such as doctors, nurses, or healthcare facilities, during diagnosis, treatment, surgery, or medication administration.
- Product liability: Defective or dangerous products, such as faulty machinery, defective vehicles, or hazardous consumer goods, can cause personal injuries.
- Dog bites and animal attacks: Injuries caused by aggressive or poorly controlled animals can lead to significant physical and psychological harm.
- Premises liability: Property owners or managers may be held responsible for injuries that occur on their premises due to unsafe conditions, lack of maintenance, or inadequate security.
- Slip and fall accidents: These occur when a person slips, trips, or falls due to hazardous conditions such as wet floors, uneven surfaces, poorly maintained walkways, or inadequate lighting.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect: Elderly individuals can suffer personal injuries due to mistreatment, neglect, or abuse in nursing homes or long-term care facilities.
- Workplace accidents: Injuries at the workplace can result from various factors, including unsafe working conditions, lack of proper training, defective equipment, or employer negligence.
At Cullan & Cullan LLC, our Papillion personal injury lawyers can help you if you were injured in any of these situations. We can also help you if you were injured by any other type of negligence. No matter what caused your injuries, you deserve to be fairly compensated for your losses.
If you have been injured, we can help. Call (402) 882-7080 or fill out an online contact form today to schedule a free consultation.