Nebraska Premises Liability FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions
When a person or company owns a property, they take on the obligation to maintain that property. If the property owner invites people onto that property and someone is harmed because the property wasn't maintained in a reasonable way, whoever gets injured can file a personal injury claim in Nebraska.
Proving your case can be complicated. You'll need to contact an experienced Omaha premises liability lawyer if you have suffered an injury on property. Cullan & Cullan LLC have represented injured clients throughout the state for years.
Contact us today at (402) 397-7600 to learn how we can put our legal experience to work for you.
Q. Who's Responsible for My Injuries?
If you've suffered injuries on someone else's property, there are different parties who you can hold legally responsible. Depending on the circumstances, the property owner, landlord or tenant can be liable for your damages.
If you get hurt on the side walk, the city or county who maintains it can be held liable for your injuries. But, dealing with a government agency like a city or county can get difficult. Having a lawyer who knows the law can help you get the settlement you need.
Q. Should I Take an Insurance Company Settlement?
No! Don't ever accept the first settlement offer an insurance company give you. Insurance adjusters are trying to save their company money. Adjusters will offer you less than you need to fully recover. While it may be tempting to take their offer, you're short-changing yourself. Accepting a settlement from the insurance company might prevent you from receiving further compensation you might need later.
Q. What Do I Do After a Premises Liability Injury in Nebraska?
If you have suffered a premises liability injury, you should:
- Write down everything. Take notes. You'll be able to keep the accident scene facts clear. You'll also be able to provide your attorney the details of exactly what happened.
- Keep track of all your expenses. You might be able to pursue financial compensation for all your expenses. This includes medical bills, and lost wages.
- Get medical treatment as soon as possible. Even if you feel all right after the injury, medical problems can pop up days, weeks, or even months after you got hurt.
- Collect evidence. If you can, take pictures of the scene of your injury. Be sure to get contact info from all witnesses, too.
- Contact an experienced premises liability lawyer.
Cullan & Cullan LLC can help. We have achieved successful outcomes in injury cases related to premises liability injuries for years.
Call us today at (402) 397-7600 to speak with one of our attorneys. Let us help.
Call Today for a Free Consultation
We are here to help you obtain compensation from those responsible so that you can focus on healing, rehabilitation, and getting your feet back on the ground. For more information about how the lawyers at Cullan & Cullan LLC can assist in protecting your rights, please call (402) 397-7600 today for a free case evaluation.
“We had to have lawyers that understood the medical mechanics behind the injury.”
“Their history and their education, both doctors & lawyers, there’s not many of those around.”
“They showed us the problems. They knew what was going on, and we knew they could help us.”
“I couldn’t have gotten here without friends, family, and those Cullan brothers.”
- Patrick Cullan and Joseph Cullan Named to Irish Legal 100
October 25, 2017
- Omaha Truck v. Train Collision Sends Pork Flying
October 15, 2017
- What a Nebraska Accident Can Teach Us About Liability
October 1, 2017